What is a platform lift?
A Platform Lift is primarily designed to give reasonably priced access to people who have difficulty with a staircase.
On Platform Lifts which serve between 2, or more floor levels, a fully enclosed shaft (rectangular tube) is provided which has relatively smooth internal walls. An L shaped platform moves up and down the shaft carrying a wheelchair and/or people.
The shaft can usually be constructed with either solid or glazed walls, or even a combination of both. Our most popular platform lift is the MC2000. We offer a great range of access lifts
Advantages of the MC2000 Platform Lift
- Suitable for anyone who has difficulty with stairs
- Relatively low cost when compared to a conventional lift
- No requirement for a machine room or lifting beam
- Reliable, quiet, economical to own, and totally safe
- Requires little in the way of space or building works