Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
The Company strives to be a good corporate citizen. Through its managers and through its people, the Company is committed to promoting protection of the environment, supporting charities, promoting equal opportunities, ensuring safe and efficient working practices and working with suppliers who uphold similar values.
The Company recognises that our people are a great asset and are fundamental to continued growth and as such, we are committed to providing careers and working environments in which our people can achieve their potential. Employees can access the Company website to obtain general information on the Company. Employees are encouraged to discuss operational issues with their line manager and to suggest ways to improve efficiency.
- Provides clear and fair terms of employment
- Provides clean, healthy and safe working conditions
- Does not employ underage staff
- Strives for equal opportunities for all staff
- Ensures the staff are aware of the Company policy on bribery and inappropriate gifts, money laundering and whistle blowing
- Encouraging a harmonious working environment with zero tolerance to bullying or to any form of harassment linked to an individual`s sex or other personal characteristics.
- Encourages employees to develop skills
The Company is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment and recognises that this is essential to ensuring the success of the organisation. The Company makes every effort to select, recruit, train and promote the best candidate based on suitability for the position; to treat all employees and applicants fairly, regardless of race, sex, marital status, age, nationality, ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation or disability; and to ensure that no employee suffers harassment or intimidation.
The Company is committed to ensuring the integrity and security of its business information with particular attention to personal and sensitive data where inappropriate use or inadequate maintenance and safeguarding could have serious repercussions. The Company policies and procedures are based on its requirements for a secure operating environment.
- Our primary objective is to minimise our negative impact that we have on the environment. The Company is committed to the following:
- To identify, reduce and dispose of waste in a manner that minimises harm to the environment and prevents pollution of the land, air and water.
- To reduce the consumption of energy and water and to use renewable/or recyclable resources where practicable.
- To meet the requirements of relevant legislation.
- To encourage suppliers to implement good environmental practices which support our objectives and targets.
- To review our policy, targets and objectives on a regular basis in order to strive for continuous improvement.
Health and Safety:
The health and safety of employees is of extreme importance to the Company.
The Company strives to improve standards of health and safety which will lead to
the avoidance and reduction of risks.
The Company makes every reasonable and practicable effort to provide safe and healthy working conditions at its offices and sites. It is the duty of all employees to be responsible in everything they do to prevent injury to themselves and to others. The policy standards and procedures are communicated to employees through staff hand books, contracts of employment, method statements, notice boards, induction training and specific training as appropriate.
It is the policy of the Company to provide employment and to make reasonable adjustment to accommodate disabled persons wherever business requirements will allow and if applications for employment are received from suitable individuals. Should an existing employee become disabled, every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that their employment with the Company can continue on a worthwhile basis and that career opportunities are available to them.
From time to time the Company will make contributions to recognised charities. The contributions will be either in the form of a straight donation to a cause that the Directors feel strongly about of in the form of purchased advertising.
While the Company is accountable to shareholders, it takes into account the interest of all its stakeholders including our employees, our customers and our suppliers, as well as the local community and the environment that we operate in. The Company`s reputation is important and so adhering to the highest standards of integrity, personal conduct, ethics and fairness is deemed to be of vital importance.
- Seeks to be honest and fair in our relationships with its customers
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and quality of products supplied
- Provides the standards of product and service that have been agreed upon
- Seeks to be honest and fair in our relationships with suppliers
- Adheres to payment terms as agreed
- Has a policy not to offer, pay or accept bribes or favours
- Encourages suppliers to work to the same standards
- Aims to be sensitive to the local community`s cultural, social and economic needs
- Strives to protect and preserve the environment wherever the Company operates
- Supports local events and sports organisations
- Work with relevant trade bodies on issues affecting the lift industry.
- Work with journalists and research bodies on industry related topics