9 ways to personalise your platform lift
So, you've decided that you'd like a lift in your home or property. Whilst the very purpose of a lift is highly functional, it can also be a great addition to the design of a property. Let's take a look at 9 different ways a platform lift can be personalised to blend in, or stand out from its surroundings.
- The most obvious way to make a dramatic change to the look of your lift is through glazing. You can choose either clear or frosted glass, to let light through the shaft and lighten the ambiance of the area.
- In addition to glazing, you can also choose the colour of your lift shaft. A huge range of colours are available to complement the surrounding area.
- It's also possible to choose the flooring of the platform lift. You can use patterns, textures and even your own designs.
- The lift console is available in different finishes, for example an oak effect, or stainless steel finish may work best with the environment.
- Shaft walls can have design elements added through the use of printed stick on panels
- LED coloured lighting recessed in the pit and shaft can be an effective and interesting effect, especially on glass panels.
- You can choose the style of door design too, with a choice of glazed door, or solid door with vision panels.
- As well as the visual design of your lift, you can personalise the use of your lift by choosing a manual or automatic door closure
- You can also add restricted access to your lift. This is useful where the building is used by others, but the lift is for the use of a specified individual
Hopefully, that has inspired you with ways you can truly make the lift your own. If there's anything else you like to know, please give us a call and our friendly experts can guide you through the process of personalising your lift.